Play French Roulette Online in 2021
Of the three main variations of Roulette, French Roulette has the best odds for players. Conversely, the house edge is lowest for French Roulette in comparison with American and European Roulette. Of course, these other variations have their own advantages and the outcomes of casino games are always uncertain, but when it comes to pure mathematical advantage, the French wheel is king.
So in this article, we’ll give you the complete guide on how to play French Online Roulette, how to win at the game, and the best casinos to play in India based on their perks unique to them.
What Is Online French Roulette?
French Roulette is a variation of the casino game, Roulette. But what is Roulette? Roulette is a table game popular in casinos all over the world. It involves a dealer/croupier, a ball, and a wheel that is constantly rotating.
The edge of the wheel is divided into different pockets so that when the dealer spins the ball on the wheel, the players can try to predict where the ball will land. This division on the wheel is done using two tools:
- Numbers: The Roulette wheel has 37 or 38 pockets. The 37-pocket wheel is the style that you’ll see in a French and European Roulette game, and the numbering goes from 0 to 36. American Roulette uses the 38-pocket wheel which has numbers from 0 to 36 with an extra pocket labelled “00”.
- Colours: There are three colours in Roulette – red, black, and green. The “0” and “00” are coloured green, while the pockets 1 to 36 are split in half and coloured red and black. This means eighteen reds, eighteen blacks, and one or two greens depending on the variation.
The French version of Roulette has the numbers as European Roulette, however, the arrangement of the numbers around the wheel is different. Also, the French Roulette wheel layout is different in terms of the positioning of what is called outside bets, which we’ll soon address.
Best French Roulette Casinos
How to Play A French Roulette Game Online?
Alright, so we have an idea of what French Roulette would look like at a casino. But before you go to register at a casino, let’s go through the things you need to look out for before playing a French Roulette game at an online casino.
If you think that all this is going to be so much work, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Just head over to our listed casinos and enjoy all these benefits and more. Sign up in three simple steps:
- Fill in the required details
- Confirm your phone number or email with a one-time password or activation link
- Click “Submit”. And voila! Start Playing and winning!
French Roulette Rules
The French wheel is essentially the same as the European wheel but different from the American wheel with the addition of the zero. However, the French version of the game is unique in its own way due to some of the rules of French Roulette.
Let’s take a look at some of those:
- Placing Bets: Placing a bet at a French Roulette online casino is easy. Especially since online roulette has tools like the “rebet” and “2x” buttons that will help you make quick bets. When you select the chip size that you want, you can place it on the part of the table corresponding to the pocket or region that you want to bet on.
You have a few seconds to place your wagers after which the dealer will call “bets closed” and spin the ball to reveal the winners.
- La Partage: This is one of the two rules that mark the difference between the French and European versions. La Partage means “the divide” and applies to even-money bets like black or red, high or low, and even or odd. What happens here is that if you bet on an even-money bet, and the ball lands on zero, you get half of your bet back.
- En Prison: En Prison, unsurprisingly, means “in prison”. Just like La Partage, it makes the distinction between the French and European versions, and it also applies only to even-money bets. This time, if the ball lands on zero, the dealer marks your even-money bet and the French Roulette wheel is spun again with the exact same bet in place. Your bet is kept, in prison.
Guide to Live French Roulette
The regular French Roulette online game that you will find at the casino makes use of technology to provide the outcome of spins. This technology is called the Random Number Generator and it functions independently to produce the outcomes of each spin.
In a land-based casino, the mechanics of the wheel and the ball brings about the desired result. People who are used to land-based French Roulette are usually skeptical about playing at a regular online roulette table. But if you’re playing at a licensed casino, there’s no need to fear that the technology is designed to make you fail.
However, some people just like the feeling of being at a real life casino, and this is where Live French Roulette comes in. At a Live French Roulette game, you can play with a live dealer just like a land-based casino. This way, you can also monitor the game and understand it’s dynamics before dipping your toes in the water.
French Roulette Odds and Pay-out
French Roulette has lower odds for events when compared with American Roulette. This is because the odds of getting any outcome out of 38 is slightly higher than out of 37. For instance, the probability of getting the pocket number “7” in the French version is 1 in 37, compared to American Roulette’s 1 in 38 for the same bet.
Thus, the odds for a straight up bet on French Roulette is 2.70% compared to American Roulette’s 2.60%, and the payout for the bet is 35:1.
But for European Roulette, the odds and the payout for bets are the same with the French version of the game. However, the La Partage and En Prison rules make the French version come out on top in terms of the overall Return to Player (RTP) percentage. The RTP for French Roulette stands at 98.65% leaving the house edge at 1.35%. This is really great when you compare it to the edge the house has over players in European and American Roulette at 2.7% and 5.26% respectively.
What bets can you place in French Roulette?
Roulette game bets are quite similar across all variations. The colours and numbers on the wheel are what create all the betting options, and it’s the same when you play French Roulette online. The bets on the French Roulette wheel are classified into three broad groups:
- Inside Bets: These are visible in a French Roulette online casino as the numbers and colours in a large rectangle on the roulette table. Inside bets can be made by placing a chip on the numbers representing the pockets on the wheel. Placing a chip on a number is a “straight up” bet. Placing the chip between two numbers is a “split”, and between four numbers is a “corner” bet. Inside bets are generally harder to hit at online French Roulette casinos, or any variation for that matter. A straight up in the French version has a 2.7% probability of hitting, while a split has a 5.71% probability of hitting.
- Outside Bets: These bets generally have better odds than inside bets. Unlike in American and European Roulette, the layout of the betting table of the French version has the outside bets above and below the rectangle for the inside bets. The language is also different. For instance, the Manque and Passe bets in the French game represents the High and Low in other variations, the Impair and Pair in the French Roulette game represents the Odd and Even bet in other variations, and the D12, M12, and P12 in the French version represent the Dozens bets in other variations. Red and Black bets are represented by the colours. These bets have better odds as even-money bets like the Manque or Impasse, Impair or Pair, and Red or Black have a probability of 48.65% and a payout of 1:1. Meanwhile, Dozen bets in French Roulette have a probability of 31.58% with a payout of 2:1.
- Call Bets: These are a compromise between Inside and Outside bets, combining their low odds of Outside bets with the high payout of Inside bets. They are bets placed on the racetrack wheel in the French Roulette game. The Viosins cover seventeen numbers, the Tiers cover twelve numbers, the Orphelins cover seven numbers, and the Final bets cover numbers ending in the same digit with four chips.
Play French Roulette on Mobile
Playing French Roulette online is not restricted to a PC. You can play on your Android, iPhone, or iPad if you find the right mobile casino. The advantage of mobility is something that people enjoy and is why the mobile casino industry has blown up as the fastest-growing region of casino gaming.
To get the best French Roulette gaming experience, you must make sure that your preferred mobile casino has the standards at the highest. There must be a good variety of banking options, security for player details and banking transactions, great bonuses, multiple variations of French Roulette developed by reputable names in the industry, and a seamless transition from PC gaming to your phone.
Top Live Dealer Roulette developers that you can look out for include Ezugi, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, Pragmatic Play and more. When a casino has these guys at the engine of their game production, combined with expert development of their own mobile gaming app, French Roulette will be as fun as it can possibly be.
French Roulette Strategies
There are several strategies that you can apply to increase your winning chances, and they involve maximizing your wins and minimizing your losses. The top tips of roulette that you’ll get in the best roulette casino guide cannot be complete without them.
Let’s take a look at three of the best Roulette strategies:
- Martingale Strategy: This strategy involves you placing an even-money bet with a certain unit of money, doubling it when you lose, and returning it back to the original unit when you win.
- D’Alembert Strategy: This strategy is also an even-money bet that starts with a certain unit, but instead of doubling, the player is required to add a unit when they win, and take off a unit when they lose.
- Reverse Martingale Strategy: As the name implies, this strategy is the reverse of the Martingale strategy. It involves the player placing an even money bet starting with a unit, halving the unit when they lose, and doubling it when they win.
None of these strategies are 100% going to keep you winning, but here are 7 of the best French Roulette tips that will give you a better chance in conjunction with any of these strategies:
- Select the right casino with many French roulette variations that have high maximum wagering limits and low minimum wagering limits
- Select a sizable bankroll. But make sure you’re playing responsibly.
- Select your preferred betting strategy
- Select a betting unit that suits your strategy. For example, a Martingale strategy will require a betting unit that’s as little as possible, while D’Alembert or Reverse Martingale strategy will require a midrange amount.
- Practice with demo games and play French roulette free Online for fun before you play for real money. This way, you get the dynamics of online roulette when playing. And you can even try European roulette or American Roulette just to have an idea of other games.
- Withdraw your winnings while you’re ahead. This is something that the practice in number 5 above will teach about the game.
- Make safer bets with lower odds of hitting. And bet little on riskier odds.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is French roulette?
It’s the variation of online Roulette with the best odds due to it’s La Partage and En Prison rules. It is similar to European Roulette, but different from American Roulette in terms of its odds.
What is the best bet in roulette?
Even-money bets are the best bets that you can make in online Roulette, mathematically speaking. They have the highest probability of hitting.
Is there a strategy to winning French roulette?
There is no sure fire way to do it, but some of the tips we’ve outlined in this article will give you the best chance. They include managing your bankroll with a betting strategy, getting the right casino, playing French Roulette online free demo games, and withdrawing while you’re ahead.
How do you play French Roulette?
Simply head over to the right online Roulette casino, register, and begin playing. You can play French Roulette online free demo games before playing for real money.
Is roulette all luck?
The outcome of spins on the French wheel is pure chance. Each time the dealer spins the wheel, the odds of each pocket or region remains the same and is not affected by previous results. However, winning at online Roulette is managing the randomness of the game. So, while results are chance, wins can be influenced.
Can French roulette dealers control the ball?
If you’re playing at a licensed casino, whether online or in a land-based casino, the answer is no. The Dealer cannot control the ball or the French wheel.
French Roulette is an easy-to-understand game, and is superior amongst its peers in terms of giving the player the best mathematical advantage against the house. The La Partage and En Prison rules make the game so much better and attractive.
Follow our tips and strategy in this ultimate guide for French Roulette so that you can pick the right casino, choose your preferred betting strategy, and give yourself the best winning chance. What’s more, we’ve recommended several top French Roulette casinos in this guide that you should definitely head over to now!