Roulette Rules To Play Online
Every casino game comes with some set of rules and online roulette is not an exception. These roulette rules exist to give the player some heads up about how to play the game effectively by spelling out what’s expected of them. This suffices to say that wagering on roulette can only be fun when you understand the dynamics of the game.
Within the next five to ten minutes, you will learn about the fundamental rules of roulette. This article promises to be eye-opening; so, we’ll advise you to commit every word to memory.
Best Online Roulette Casinos 2022 With Amazing Deals
Online Roulette Winning Guide
This simple guide on the rules of roulette game is timely and straight to the point. It is precisely detailed and harbors no-fluff content. Specifically, it’s intended to add value to you by providing relevant information on how to play different roulette bets. In the short run, it will help you to properly understand the game’s variants, layouts, payout rules, house edges, and other important tidbits.
Basic Roulette Rules
If you are playing Roulette for the first time, you need to understand the basic rules of the game. These rules are simplified below for easy understanding.
- Place your bet on the dedicated section on the table.
- You can place your bets before the dealer closes the wagering session.
- The dealer is the only person that can touch the chips of the bettor that lost. He is also the only person that can pay the winner.
- You are not allowed to touch the winning number’s marker during gameplay.
Understanding the Rules of Roulette
For beginners, roulette is a wheel game featuring black and red slots with numbers from 1 to 36. Depending on the type of roulette you are playing, you’ll either come across one or two green coloured zero slots.
European roulette features a single zero number, while American roulette features the double zero number. Apart from the wheel, there is also a table with several numbers and other additional sections where players can place their bets.
After placing your bets on the betting table, the dealer will spin the wheel and drop a small ball on the wheel. The winning number is the number on which the ball lands after the wheel stops spinning. If your bet is on that number, then your bet wins and you get the payout.
Depending on the variance of roulette you are playing, there might be slight differences in the table and wheel layout. However, you need not worry about anything because these differences do not affect the game’s game’s outcome in any way.
Roulette Rules for Payout
Roulette is a casino that can scale up your finances provided you understand its logic. As said, it’s mostly a game of chance and with the right amount of luck, you could be smiling to the bank. Roulette offers a good payout.
- Outside bets placed on the European and French zero table have a payout of 1 to 1
- Straight bets have a payout of 35 to 1 in all variants
- Split bets have a payout of 17 to 1
- Street bets pay 8 to 1
- Basket bets give a payout of 6 to 1
- Line bets have a payout of 5 to 1
Minimum and Maximum Bets in Online Roulette
What determines minimum bets at any online casino are the forces of demand and supply. The higher the number of bettors, the higher the minimum bet and vices versa. Maximum bets, on the other hand, are low for inside bets because their payouts are usually high.
Types of Roulette Bets
In the game of roulette, you can either wager on a group of numbers or on a single number. There are different betting combinations with different payouts and winning odds. You must also understand that the more numbers you wager on, the higher your chances of winning and the lower the payout.
Apart from knowing roulette rules and how the game works, it is also important that you know the roulette bet types, which are divided into three: announced, outside and inside bets.
The outside and inside bets are the basic bet types for all roulette games. The announced bet is more technical and advanced. It is featured in a few selected variants. Below is a short explanation on these bet types:
- Inside Bets: If you check the roulette table layout, you will see that the major part has numbers 0 to 36, while the other part is divided into sectors for wagering on groups of numbers – dozens and columns, 1-18/19-36, red/black and odd/even. A wager on these numbers is called the inside bet.
- Outside Bets: Outside bets are placed out of the number field. They are placed on bigger number groups. They are divided into five major types:
- Columns: It is a bet on three columns from which the winning number emerges.
- Dozens: It is a bet on any three dozens on the table layout.
- 1-18/19-36: It is a bet on the winning number being higher than 19 or lower.
- Odd or Even: It is a bet on the winning number being odd or even.
- Red or Black: It is a bet on the winning number’s colour.
There is also the snake bet which covers the numbers in the red slot – 34, 32, 30, 27, 23, 19, 16, 14, 12, 9, 5, and 1, forming a snake shape. One chip covers these numbers.
There is also the black snake bet featuring numbers 35, 31, 28, 29, 26, 24, 20, 17, 13, 10, 8, 6 and 2. There are two split bets in the black snake bets – 17/20 and 26/29. The remaining numbers are straight.
- Announced Bets: This bet type features more in French roulette. It is also present in European roulette. It is divided into the Voisins du Zero bet (Neighbours of Zero Bet), Le Tiers Du Cylindre, Orphelins, and Jeu Zero.
- Voisins du Zero (Neighbours of Zero) features 0 and the seven numbers on the sides of the zero, from 22 – 25. The numbers on this bet include 33, 16, 24, 5, 10, 23, 8, 30, 11, 36, 13 and 27.
- Le Tiers Du Cylindre: It features twelve numbers, 27 – 33 on the wheel.
- Orphelins: Features eight numbers – 34, 31, 20, 17, 14, 9, 6 and 1.
Jeu Zero: Also referred to as the Zero Game. Features three neighbours of the number zero.
Apply the Roulette Rules and Choose the Right Bet for You
Having learnt the basic roulette rules, possible bets and lots more about roulette, it’s high time you played the game. Do not forget that your betting strategy matters a lot when playing roulette. If you choose the classic progressive betting strategy like Fibonacci or Martingale, then ensure you pick the even money bets. This bet covers half the numbers on the roulette wheel. If the number 0 is excluded, then go for: red/black, odd/even, 1-18/19-36.
Your betting strategy will help you determine the amount to bet. It is advised that you start by placing low bets. This gives you room to increase the wager after every loss. Do not forget that every roulette game has its own wagering limits, and the limits differ for each bet. So ensure you select a game with the perfect betting limits; one that will meet your betting needs.
How To Play Roulette - Step By Step
There’s no magic strategy to winning roulette as its outcome is determined by chance; however, there are tips you can put in place to reduce losses and break even if the worst happens. Find some of these tips below:
- Employ good bankroll management techniques.
- Don’t wager what you cannot afford to lose.
- Know when to stop playing especially if you’re losing. Tomorrow is another day.
- Be logical rather than emotional with your bets.
How many numbers are there in roulette?
While the American roulette with double zero has 38 numbers, the European and French have 37 numbers.
What is the best bet in roulette?
The straight bet usually comes with the highest payout but the chances of winning the bet are low. With luck on your side, you may cap it.
What does a number on roulette pay?
This depends on the value assigned to the number by the casino. However, every number in a straight bet can give as much as 35 to 1 payout.
Can you bet on red and black at the same time?
No, you may either bet on the red or black. You cannot bet on both at the same time.
How can I increase my chances of winning roulette?
We have enlisted some tips in this write-up that can help you win big. However, understand that the game is largely determined by luck.
Roulette offers unlimited fun and excitement with its different variants. However, to get the best from the game, you must play at the best online casinos, understand the basic rules that guide specific variants of the game, wager strategically as frequently as possible and activate your lucky charm (you need a lot of that!). We have done our part by intimating you about everything worth knowing about roulette rules with this guide. We hope you’ll make this count!